In the centre is the resurrection from the grave and the descent into the underworld (the realm of the dead). Christ on the crushed gates of the realm of the dead, tears Adam and Eve out of the maw of death and with them the righteous of the Old Testament.
From left to right the feasts:
- Birth of the Mother of God (Great Feast: September 8)
- Presentation of the Mother of God (Great Feast: November 21)
- Annunciation of the Mother of God (Great Feast: March 25th)
- Birth of Christ (Great Feast: December 25th)
- Presentation of Jesus at the Temple (Great Feast: February 2)
- Baptism of Jesus in the Jordan (Great Feast: January 6)
- Entry into Jerusalem (Great Feast)
- The Transfiguration of the Christ (Great Feast: August 6)
- Ascension of Christ (Great Feast: 40 days after Easter)
- The Feast of the Cross/Exaltation of the Cross (Great Feast: September 14)
- Holy Trinity/Visit of the three men to Abraham (Great Feast)
- Dormition of the Mother of God (Great Feast: August 15)
Poliment-gilded background with engraved and painted ornaments. Fine miniature painting.
Russian icon | Easter and the Twelve Great Feasts | 24705
Original antique Russian orthodox iconCertificate of authenticity from an independent expert at the Vienna Dorotheum
31 x 26.5 cm (12.2 x 10.4 in)
Visit us in our gallery:Ikonen Mautner, Herrengasse 2-4, 1010 Vienna, Austria.
Price information and further information:email@example.com or +43 1 533 12 24.
Deliveries:We offer insured deliveries worldwide.