In the centre is the resurrection from the grave and the descent into the underworld (the realm of the dead). Christ on the crushed gates of the realm of the dead, tears Adam and Eve out of the maw of death and with them the righteous of the Old Testament. Bottom right: Jesus and Peter at the Sea of Galilee.
From left to right the feasts:
- Birth of the Mother of God (Great Feast: September 8)
- Presentation of the Mother of God (Great Feast: November 21)
- Holy Trinity/Visit of the three men to Abraham (Great Feast)
- Annunciation of the Mother of God (Great Feast: March 25th)
- Birth of Christ (Great Feast: December 25th)
- Presentation of Jesus at the Temple (Great Feast: February 2)
- Baptism of Jesus in the Jordan (Great Feast: January 6)
- Entry into Jerusalem (Great Feast)
- The Transfiguration of the Christ (Great Feast: August 6)
- Ascension of Christ (Great Feast: 40 days after Easter)
- Dormition of the Mother of God (Great Feast: August 15)
- The Resurrection Lazarus (Feast: Saturday before Palm Sunday)
- Beheading of the Prophet, Forerunner and Baptist John (Feast: August 29)
- Pokrov: Protection and Intercession of the Mother of God (Feast: October 1)
- The Holy Prophet Elijah (Feast July 20)
- The Feast of the Cross/Exaltation of the Cross (Great Feast: September 14)
Background decorated with hallmarks and engraved ornaments. White metal with gold lacquer.
Russian icon | Easter, 12 Great Feasts and 4 Festivities | 24701
Original antique Russian orthodox iconCertificate of authenticity from an independent expert at the Vienna Dorotheum
AgeEarly 19th century
35.5 x 31 cm (14.0 x 12.2 in)
Visit us in our gallery:Ikonen Mautner, Herrengasse 2-4, 1010 Vienna, Austria.
Price information and further information:firstname.lastname@example.org or +43 1 533 12 24.
Deliveries:We offer insured deliveries worldwide.