- Mother of God “Unexpected Joy” (May 1 and December 9): One of the miracles is depicted that occurred in front of the Chernigov icon of the Mother of God. A sinner prayed to the Mother of God and suddenly saw her image move, and wounds and blood appeared on the child's arms and legs like Christ on the cross. The man was startled and asked who had done this, and the Mother of God replied that sinners like himself do this. After the apparition, the sinner repented and lived a righteous life.
- Mother of God "Softening the Evil Heart": This depiction, very popular in the 19th century, probably only appeared in Russia around 1800 and can be traced back to Western iconography. In front of her chest are seven swords (seven sins), three on each side and one below, which symbolize the seven sorrows of the Blessed Mother.
- Mother of God “Seeker of the Lost” (February 5): The icon was in Moscow in the Church of the Nativity of Christ (na Palaschach), near Tversky Boulevard. This 17th century church was demolished after 1928. In honor of the icon, a church was built in Moscow in the Alexandrov Orphanage in 1835. The depiction was very popular in the 19th century: the Christ child stands upright on the right on the lap of the Mother of God and embraces her.
- Saint Great Martyr Barbara (December 4): Martyr and helper in need, 3-4. Century Patroness of architects, girls, goldsmiths, firefighters, booksellers and against fire hazards, among others.
- Saint Nicholas of Myra (December 6, May 9 and July 29): Archbishop of Myra in Lycia, is considered one of the most important and well-known saints of the Eastern and Latin Churches. Among other things, he is considered the patron saint of children, giving birth, the elderly, travelers, seafarers, judges, lawyers, notaries, pharmacists, landlords, and for a happy marriage.
- Saint Martyr Catherine of Alexandria (November 24th and 25th): is one of the most famous saints. She is venerated as a martyr in the Catholic and Orthodox Churches and belongs to the so-called Virgines capitales, the four great holy virgins. She is one of the fourteen holy helpers in need and is considered a helper for ailments of the tongue and language difficulties. She is the patron saint of schools, the philosophical faculties and seamstresses.
- Saint Martyrs Samonas and Gurias of Edessa and Habib (November 15): Samonas was friends with Gurias, who lived as an ascetic and priest in Edessa - today's Sanliurfa. They suffered martyrdom under the emperors Galerius and Maximianus. The deacon Habib is said to have buried the two. The three martyrs were worshiped together on a hill north of Edessa Edessa. They are seen as the patron of marital fidelity
- Holy Guardian Angel
- Saints Peter and Fevronia (June 25): were princes and miracle workers in Murom. You are considered the patron saint of marriage.
- Saint Martyr Julitta and her son Quiricus (July 15): Martyrs were martyred around 304 during the persecution of Christians under the Roman Emperor Diocletian. They serve as patrons of protection for families and for sick children.
- Saint Martyr Agrippina of Rome (23 June): according to legend, she was the daughter of noble parents, died for the sake of the faith in the persecutions of 258 under Emperor Valerian.
Very beautiful and fine painting with fine gold painting (assist) on the robes.
Russian icon | Multiple Fields | 24702
Original antique Russian orthodox iconCertificate of authenticity from an independent expert at the Vienna Dorotheum
35.5 x 31 cm (14.0 x 12.2 in)
Visit us in our gallery:Ikonen Mautner, Herrengasse 2-4, 1010 Vienna, Austria.
Price information and further information:email@example.com or +43 1 533 12 24.
Deliveries:We offer insured deliveries worldwide.